O.N.E. Omega offers 1,000 mg of EPA/DHA in each soft gel, twice the potency of other fish oils, providing powerful omega-3 fatty acid support for cardiovascular, joint, cognitive and skin health.
Each soft gel contains fish oil produced through a unique solvent-free, supercritical CO2-based extraction method. This method utilizes a low-temperature, oxygen-free process to prevent oxidation reactions, resulting in a pure, concentrated fish oil.
Omega-3s & Omega-6s are Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) which are fats that our bodies can’t make by themselves, so we have to get them from our diets.
These fats are converted to EPA/DHA which help with:
1. Blood circulation
2. Healthy blood vessels and heart health
3. Growth and protection of cells from free radicals and cancer cells
4. Reduced risk of cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s and dementia
5. Thyroid and adrenal activity
6. Regulation of blood pressure, liver function, immune and inflammatory responses
7. Crucial for transport and breakdown of cholesterol
8. Supports healthy skin and hair
There are plenty of foods that have large amounts of EPAs such as:
2. Dark green vegetables (kale, chard, parsley, spinach)
3. Flax seeds and pumpkin seeds (especially their oils)
4. *Fish (Salmon) / Seafood
*Consuming about 8 ounces per week of a variety of seafood is the current food recommendation.
Supplementing is also another way to get the recommended dose of EPA/DHA. Whether it's Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil, researchers recommend looking for a supplement where the levels of EPA & DHA range from 500mg to 2,000mg.